Our Statement Regarding COVID-19
Effects on health, safety and operations
To our Customers, Partners and Vendors,
SunPower by New York State Solar Farm and its employees are concerned of the effects of the COVID-19 virus on our community, our families, our people and business. Therefore, I am writing to inform you of the steps we have taken to ensure continuity while keeping the health and safety of our people, vendors and customers top priority. While it is clear that COVID-19 will have a lasting effect, we are working hard to ensure that effect is minimized.
Health and Safety
We have implemented the following measures effective March 10:
- All employees who are able to do so are working from home, and have been provided with the tools they need to do so. Our organization is fully prepared to provide the same dependable support and service you have come to expect from us.
- Any employees with a cough or fever will be required to stay home. All installation crew members have been provided with masks, gloves and booties required to be used during installation processes, and been instructed on proper use.
- All employees with person to person contact shall be using medical grade hand sanitizer before and after each client visit, and when entering or exiting our office.
- Sales teams have the option to provide video conference appointments as opposed to face to face meetings. They have also been provided with medical grade hand sanitizer and booties for any home appointments.
- Handshakes will not be allowed. Instead, we have suggested our employees acknowledge our partners with an elbow bump or a nod. We know this can be culturally uncomfortable, and we appreciate your understanding here.
- All vehicle interiors are to be wiped down with sanitizing wipes at least once a day.
- All tools are being sanitized on a daily basis after they are handled.
- All high touch areas in our office are being sanitized daily.
- All employees have been advised to practice social distancing as much as is possible.
- All local and federal laws, rules and regulations in regards to COVID-19 are being monitored and abided by.
These practices will continue until this virus is under control. Your well-being is important to us and we ask that you assist us in these efforts.
The SunPower Equinox system we sell is not sourced from China, and the majority of its components are North American made.
We have secured a 30-day supply of our most common products, over and above our project-based orders. We will continue to use our resources to secure additional inventory in order to ensure timely installations and service. Sometimes, a reasonable part substitution may be necessary. We will do our best to ensure those substitutions are upgrades, and will keep our clients informed of any needed changes. If our employees are sick, they will be required to recover at home. Should our workforce be negatively affected by this virus, we will continue cross-training our staff to ensure we have the highest level of available service. Should our office close, we have taken steps to ensure most employees can work from home.
Thank you for your business, you are invaluable to us and we wish you the best during this stressful and anxious time. I am always available for our customers, so please feel free to reach out to me directly should you have any questions.